A new mega-healthy spot has just opened in the health lover’s paradise that is Santa Monica. We’ve been to check it out and are very excited to share with you all about it. Introducing... Flower Child!
We were happy to see a place that not only serves great healthy food but is also a gorgeous airy space where you just want to hang out – for a cup of organic coffee, a delicious brekkie, lunch, dinner or just to grab a gluten-free brownie and observe the beautiful people that walk in!
Flower Child is owned by Sam Fox - the creator of the well-known and beloved True Food Kitchen concept. The menu is catered for both carnivores and vegans and also has a variety of gluten-free options. And just like at True Food, the jolly and caring staff is what makes this place particularly awesome.
Here are 6 reasons why you’ll love Flower Child
- Mix-and-match style menu – allowing you to select your favorite combination of seasonal veggies, fruits, and grains such as Spicy Japanese Eggplant (with Thai basil and cashews) and Heirloom Tomatoes & Watermelon (olive oil, soba, basil, mint), as well as optional protein like Grass-Fed Steak and Organic Non-GMO Tofu.
- The Salads – the salad menu is amazing! Check out the Strawberry Fields that feature organic strawberries, wild arugula, goat cheese, dried mulberries and chia seed vinaigrette. The Summer Vegan is also awesome – it has asparagus, avocado, roasted corn, cauliflower, baby tomato, sun-dried olives, sunflower seed and lemon tahini vinaigrette.
- The Space - When you walk into Flower Child you’re immediately ‘wowed’ by the super high ceilings and the pretty hippy-ish drawings on the white brick walls. The place is really airy, bright, spacious and not cluttered at all.
- Gluten-free Desserts – all their pastries are not only delicious but also gluten-free, meaning you’re not going to leave with a bloat! Try the chocolate brownie – it’s heavenly, so soft and literally melts in your mouth.
- Organic Tea & Coffee Bar – whether you’re a coffee or matcha person, you’ll love the options at the bar and a variety of organic milks.
- Healthy Kids Menu - we love that Flower Child has some awesome options for the kiddos such as Sweet Corn and Quinoa, Gluten-free Mac and Cheese and Organic Strawberries and Watermelon – so that the little ones’ energy is stable (avoiding the regular sugar high from eating out, that is normally followed by a tamper tantrum).
Oh and, don’t forget to “park your yoga mat” when you walk in – there is a designated space for it at Flower Child!
Flower Child is located at 1332 2nd Street in Santa Monica and open Monday-Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. www.iamaflowerchild.com