Who’s up for a superfood popcorn? Yep, popcorn can be healthy, delicious and you’ll love the awesome green colour!
This is seriously so much fun! With this recipe you can avoid microwaves and pro-inflammatory omega-6 rich seed oils that are involved in conventional pop corn too. Win-win!
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1-1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Chlorella powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt (or 3/4 tsp sea salt)
1. In a bowl prepare the seasoning: mix together nutritional yeast, chlorella, garlic, and salt.
2. In a large pan - add the coconut oil at the same time with 3 popcorn kernels and turn on the heat to high.
3. Once the 3 popcorn kernels have popped (that’s how you know your coconut oil is ready), pour in the rest of the corn kernels, close, and shake vigorously with the lid on until the pops begin to slow.
4. Remove from the heat and toss with the seasoning mix.