Transport yourself to a tropical paradise with this dairy free creamy coconut rice pudding. Energising and heavenly - makes the perfect energy-boosting dessert or breakfast!
Thousands of years ago in ancient China, black rice is banned to those who were not royalty or wealthy. Hence the name “Forbidden Rice.”
For the rice pudding:
- 1 cup black rice
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coconut sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Maca
- 1 14-oz can full fat coconut milk
- In a large pot, combine all the rice pudding ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 40 minutes, stirring frequently or until the mixture has thickened.
- Meanwhile, make the coconut sauce. Shake your can of coconut milk. Pour it into a large bowl and whisk in Organic Burst Maca.
- When rice pudding is done, remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- To serve, spoon the rice pudding into a bowl. Drizzle with Maca coconut sauce and top with sliced mangoes and toasted coconut flakes.
- Store pudding in an airtight container and refrigerate.