Transport yourself to a tropical paradise with this dairy free creamy coconut rice pudding. Energising and heavenly - makes the perfect energy-boosting dessert or breakfast!
- Organic Burst Maca is a powerful adaptogen that helps boost energy and stamina to keep you energised naturally!
- Black rice contains high amount of flavanoid phytonutrients, a good source of important fiber and even a good source of plant based protein. Woot!
- Thousands of years ago in ancient China, black rice is banned to those who were not royalty or wealthy. Hence the name “Forbidden Rice.”
- Makes a great dessert or breakfast!
For the rice pudding:
- 1 cup black rice
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coconut sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Maca
- 1 14-oz can full fat coconut milk
- In a large pot, combine all the rice pudding ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 40 minutes, stirring frequently or until the mixture has thickened.
- Meanwhile, make the coconut sauce. Shake your can of coconut milk. Pour it into a large bowl and whisk in Organic Burst Maca.
- When rice pudding is done, remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- To serve, spoon the rice pudding into a bowl. Drizzle with Maca coconut sauce and top with sliced mangoes and toasted coconut flakes.
- Store pudding in an airtight container and refrigerate.