Trust us when we say you won’t be able to get enough of this! It also makes your home smell amazing - so definitely worth making it to impress friends and family!
Take it into the office or make a loaf over the weekend to enjoy for a quick brekkie or snack during the week - we love it post workout!
- 3 medium, ripe bananas
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon ground Organic Burst Chia seeds + 3 tbsp water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Organic Burst Spirulina powder
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (175ºF). Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil, rice syrup, chia egg and vanilla, and whisk well.
- Add in the oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, Organic Burst Spirulina, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth batter evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts, pressing them lightly.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick test comes out clean.
- Allow banana loaf to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 2 hours.
- Remove from pan, slice and enjoy!