Who doesn’t love donuts!? It’s even better when they’re gluten-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free. Fluffy, with the perfect level of sweetness and cakey base glazed with a creamy Matcha sauce. Total win!!
- Say goodbye to post snack crashes! Feel alert and energised after your donut with Organic Burst Matcha.
- Coconut oil is easy to digest. It also keeps your energy longer and increases your metabolism.
- These donuts would be perfect for lazy weekend breakfast or a healthy dessert.
For the Donuts:
- 1/4 cup aquafaba* (the liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (warmed)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Matcha
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375º F (190º C) and lightly grease donut pans.
- Add aquafaba in a small mixing bowl. Using a mixer, whisk vigorously until soft peaks - about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup, applesauce, almond milk and vanilla extract. Whisk vigorously to combine - about 45 seconds.
- Lastly, fold in the whipped aquafaba. Be as gentle as possible!
- Divide batter evenly between donut pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- In the meantime, make your Matcha: To a small mixing bowl, add melted coconut oil, rice malty syrup, Organic Burst Matcha, coconut cream and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if needed by adding more rice malt syrup. Set aside.
- Remove donuts from oven and let them cool for 1-2 minutes in the pan.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip dounuts in matcha glaze. Then top with desired toppings, such as crushed freeze dried raspberries, coconut flakes, or cacao nibs!