How many of us know we should drink more water but keep forgetting day after day, risking dehydration and potential health issues? Our five simple tips below will remind you to sip, gulp and swig your way to hydration!
Did you know that about 70% of the body is composed of water? H2O is vital to every human cell and we use it to produce litres of fluid every day to keep all our body’s systems running smoothly. Even mild dehydration can cause problems with concentration, digestion, hormonal imbalance, the immune system and more. You can reap the benefits of fewer headaches, sharper brain, feeling healthy and more energised, simply by remembering to drink more water.
So if you’re always too busy to reach for your water bottle, start implementing these tips today!
- Make it available: keep water with you - a filter bottle in your bag that you can refill on the go, a clear bottle on your desk with lines drawn on with a marker to give you drinking goals, a post it on your fridge door that says ‘DRINK WATER’.
- Pimp your drink: add a delicious tasting and nutritious superfood to your water. One customer told us that adding baobab powder to her water bottle is the only way she will remember to drink it. Simply add 1 tbsp of Organic Burst Baobab to a 1.5 litre bottle of water. Other ways to pimp your water: infuse a bottle with fresh berries and herbs such as a sprig of basil or mint. Lemon and cucumber slices are awesome too.
- Timings: get into the habit of drinking a glass of water every time you arrive at a destination, whether it is turning up at work in the morning after a hot commute, getting home at the end of a long day, or meeting friends for a huge gossip – you’ll need water to replenish.
- Avoid dehydrators: help your hydration along by avoiding foods that are completely dry. It seems a silly start to the day (when we’re all dehydrated) to munch on a dry piece of toast or cereal! Crisps, chips, crackers, bread sticks are all devoid of natural water, so choose fresh vegetables to crunch on instead such as cucumber, celery and carrots.
- Payback: We all know that tea, coffee and alcohol are powerfully dehydrating. So make a rule to buy a bottle of water whilst you’re waiting at the counter or bar and make sure you manage to glug some down before your other drink.
Give them a go and let us know which ones work for you. Stay cool!