Look no further for a tangy yet sweetly refreshing & mega-delicious superfood salad to serve with any main course (or munch it on its own for a perfect light meal).
Antioxidants are SO important to have daily - especially when you live in the city exposed to car fumes, industries, man-made and solar radiation - making this the perfect lunch to take to school or work!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Acai
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt or fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds or chopped pecans, for serving
- Transfer balsamic vinegar into a small pot and simmer over medium heat.
- Once the vinegar starts to simmer, reduce heat and let it simmer until the vinegar thickens and reduces by half. Remove from heat aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss strawberries, tomatoes, avocado, basil and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and acai powder, and toss again.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds or chopped pecans. Drizzle the balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately.