Fancy a quick, aromatic and nutritious dinner or lunch? The quinoa in this superfood twist on the usual fried rice favourite is packed with protein and makes an awesome alternative to rice - giving you a wider array of nutrients and less of a blood sugar spike!
Top up on awesome anti-inflammatory nutrients from the garlic and turmeric. Make a big batch over the weekend and keep for lunches at work or school!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 7 ounces (half of a 14-ounce block) extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Acai powder
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized knob ginger, peeled and minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 cups coked quinoa
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 2-3 tablespoons Tamari or soy sauce
- Set the tofu on a large cutting board and mash with a potato masher or fork until it’s crumbled. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil on large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and sauté until onions soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add another tablespoon of the sesame oil.
- Stir in minced ginger, smoked paprika, turmeric, and tofu.
- Stir for about 2 minutes until the spices are well incorporated.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add the rest of the sesame oil and the quinoa.
- Stir fry the quinoa for about 2 minutes..
- Add in the veggies and Tamari and cook until the veggies are warm.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in Organic Burst Acai powder.
- Divide into two bowls and top with sliced avocado and chopped chives. We like to add a drizzle of Sriracha too!