This recipe is ideal to incorporate more healthy food options into your daily diet without sacrificing any taste.
Cauliflower Rice is a quick, easy and healthy alternative to normal rice and is low in carbohydrates. The Organic Burst Maca powder adds a strong, nutty and powerful taste to the creamy sauce.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- ½ Cauliflower
- ½ Red Pepper
- ¼ Onion
- ½ Pumpkin (cooked)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Maca Powder
- 2 tablespoons Tamari (gluten free Soy Sauce)
- Splash coconut oil (for frying)
- A few Basil Leaves
- Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper
Directions for Cauliflower Rice
- Add cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it looks like rice. If you don’t own a food processor you can just use a grater instead.
- Heat up the cauliflower rice on the hob and it’s ready to serve.
Directions for Pumpkin Maca Sauce
- In a pan, fry the pepper, carrot and onions in coconut oil until softened.
- Blend the pumpkin, maca powder, tamari, basil, ginger and cayenne pepper. Add water until you get a creamy texture.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, mix with fried vegetables and allow to simmer until thickened.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.
You've got to try this cauliflower rice! So delicious and low in carbs!
This recipe is by Ivana at Be Smart Eat Smart, a health food chef from Germany, already well known in the realms of health and fitness social media.