Love Mexican food? You will totally adore this twist on tasty burritos - bursting with flavour and packed with goodness that won’t leave you feeling like you’ve eaten a sombrero!
- Ideal for a happy tummy as Organic Burst Chlorella helps benefit good gut bacteria.
- Perfect lunch to help your concentration and energy with B Vitamins from the nutritional yeast.
- Quinoa is an awesome rice alternative -ideal for avoiding blood sugar spikes.
- Ideal for a take out alternative to share with family and friends that wont leave you feeling bloated after.
For the dressing:
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2 teaspoons Organic Burst Chlorella powder
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
For the burrito:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups diced yellow onions
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced broccoli florets
- 3 – 4 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 soft gluten-free tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing. Put all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Make the burrito. Cook the quinoa. Set aside.
- In a large wok or pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, sauté for about 5 minutes, until onion is translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the celery, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes, until broccoli is tender. 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add cooked quinoa and the sauce. Stir to combine with the vegetables. Add red pepper flakes. Cook for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto tortilla wraps and serve.