An easy treat to make! These wonderful coconutty chocolate candies are the perfect refined sugar-free treats which can even help combat bloating.
These bars are also great as gifts!
- 1 ½ Cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons Organic Burst Chlorella powder
- 220g chocolate
- Add the coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil, Organic Burst Chlorella powder and rice malt syrup to a food processor. Pulse several times, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed until the coconut mixture is blended but still has texture. You should be able to pinch the filling and it will hold together, but still be a bit crumbly.
- Take two tablespoons of the coconut mixture and form a bar shape, and place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Pop the tray into the freezer to firm up for 10 minutes.
- While the coconut is firming up, melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- When the coconut bars are firm, drop them into the melted chocolate one at a time. Shake off excess chocolate then place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with all of the coconut bars.
- Pop in the fridge or freezer to set the chocolate. Once set, store bars in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.