A perfect light lunch or healthy delicious dinner - amazing for helping you detox & is also bursting with vitamins & antioxidants!
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- ⅛ cup millet
- ⅛ cup buckwheat
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3-4 radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 2 handfuls snap peas, sliced
- 1 golden beet, grated
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- ⅔ cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 Yukon gold potato, sliced into wedges
- 2 carrots, sliced into ½-inch slices
- 1 - 2 tbsp minced chives
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Chlorella powder
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Toast grains until they release a nutty aroma (around 2-4 minutes). Be careful not to let them burn.
- Add 1 ½ cups water to the pot with the grains. Lightly season with salt & pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low & cover.
- Simmer for 18-20 minutes/until grains are tender & liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat & rest for 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Place carrots & potato on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt & pepper. Stir to coat. Sprinkle chives over baking sheet.
- Roast at 375ºF (190ºC) for 15-18 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix shredded beets with baby spinach, red cabbage, radishes and snap peas
- Make the chlorella dressing by blending all ingredients together
- Toss the dressing with the veggies.
- Transfer the dressed vegetables into a bowl, mound supergrains on the top, top with the roasted veggies.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds & enjoy.