As the autumn settles in, our immune systems need some extra support! This delicious warming porridge will keep your energy stable and will nourish you with important nutrients.
And it’s tummy friendly too! The quinoa flakes (or buckwheat) are among our favourite healthy carb choices (that don’t cause a bloat or cause a rise in blood sugar - ta-da!) Chlorella is brilliant for digestive health and immune-support! It’s also an important daily detox - as it helps cleanse from pesticides, environmental toxins, heavy metals, alcohol, caffeine and more.
Happy autumn days Bursters!
- ½ courgette/zucchini, grated
- ½ cup quinoa or buckwheat flakes
- 5 cup unsweetened nut milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup (or a few drops of pure stevia)
- 1-2 teaspoon Organic Burst Chlorella
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and stir well while heating on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice malt syrup and Organic Burst Chlorella before serving.
- Serve in a glass or a small bowl.
- Top with banana slices and serve warm.