Here's a classic treat made healthy - check out this deicious Cookies & Cream Cinnamon Bowl with our new True Ceylon Cinnamon!
This recipe is by the lovely vegan blogger, Amanda from Sweden.
Did you know that not all Cinnamon is "True Cinnamon"? 😖 Most cinnamon products sold in shops are actually its cousin Cassia - a much cheaper and lower quality variety that has a dodgy compound called coumarin, making it potentially unsafe to take in pregnancy and with certain medications. True Ceylon Cinnamon - like ours - is a much higher quality variety that doesn't have side effects, is safe to take for everyone and has a more refined and smooth taste💎.
Over to you, Amanda!
Since I eat cinnamon almost daily, it's super important for me to know the product is authentic (unfortunately, there are many ‘fake’ cinnamon out there). I am lucky to have found this brand and their high quality cinnamon that is not only delicious but also:
- Sweet & smooth (no harsh-tasting)
- Supports ethical farmers from Sri Lanka
- Free from heavy metals, toxins, harmful bacteria colonies, yeast, mold and pesticides
For the cinnamon bowl:
- 2-3 frozen ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Organic Burst Cinnamon
For the cookies (makes 2 small ones):
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 ml (or 1/2 tsp) Organic Burst Cinnamon
- 4 fresh dates
- Mix the ingredients for the cookies in a bowl to form a dough.
- Shape the cookies.
- Bake them in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 200 deg celsius (or 392ºF).
- Blend the ingredients for the Cinnamon bowl in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Break up the cookies and sprinkle them over the cinnamon smoothie bowl.