We wouldn’t normally associate ice cream with detox, but this recipe contains Organic Burst Chlorella, which supports the liver and helps cleanse toxins from the body.
Casey makes really beautiful, healthy food, bursting with nutritional goodness and her Instagram page is the perfect place to find inspiration for pretty, delicious and gluten-free dishes.
Hey Casey, over to you:
Ice cream is the perfect cold and refreshing treat on a hot summer day, but who loves feeling weighed down by refined sugars and unhealthy fats? While this decadent ice cream might taste like your favorite minty flavor, you don’t have to feel guilty for eating it. Combining the numerous nutritional benefits from Organic Burst Chlorella powder with just a handful of wholesome, plant-based ingredients like bananas and avocado, this is an ice cream loaded with healthy carbohydrates, fats and even a dose of protein to help keep you alert, focused and ready to tackle your day! Go ahead, you can even eat this for breakfast!
- 2 RIPE, frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/4 fresh avocado
- 1/2 tsp Organic Burst Chlorella Powder
- 2-3 drops peppermint extract
- Raw dark chocolate or cacao nibs for garnish
- At least 5 hours prior to making the ice cream (preferably overnight), peel and chop your bananas into small pieces, place them in a zip lock bag and store in your freezer until you’re ready to make the ice cream.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and place them in your food processor. Add the milk, then process. You will have to scrape down the sides a few times to get everything incorporated - be patient with this, as it takes a while for the bananas to smooth and become an ice cream consistency. Feel free to add more milk if need be.
- Once the bananas have smoothed out slightly, add the avocado, chlorella powder and peppermint extract, then process again until the ice cream has become a consistent green color.
- Scoop into a bowl and top with raw dark chocolate or cacao nibs, and dig in!