This vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free superfood cake is the perfect satisfying and nourishing treat to savour over the weekend!
- Goji berries are amazing for a great mood, sleep quality and a strong immune system.
- Carrots are rich sources of beta-carotene.
- Perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert!
- 1/4 cup Organic Burst Goji berries
- 4 flax eggs (4 tablespoons flaxseed + 1 cup water)
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
FOR THE FROSTING:
- ½ cup cashews, soaked
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (about 175ºC)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients) flax eggs, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and vinegar).
- In a separate large bowl, whisk in all the dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt).
- Stir in wet mixture into dry.
- Lastly, fold in carrots, Organic Burst Goji berries and chopped pecans.
- Transfer batter into an oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until loaf turns a golden brown and toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let carrot cake loaf cool completely before frosting.
- While carrot cake loaf is cooling down, place all frosting ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until a smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor every now and then.
- Once carrot cake loaf is completely cool, spread frosting on top of the carrot cake.