Enjoy this sweet and tangy chutney as an appetizer on your Christmas party, or package it as a handmade gift to your loved ones.
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup Organic Burst Goji berries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of allspice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Zest of 1 orange
- In a large pot, place cranberries, Organic Burst Goji berries, chopped apricots and chopped shallot.
- Add apple cider and enough water to cover.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until goji berries are soft and plump and the cranberries pop.
- Remove from heat and stir in the walnuts and orange zest.
- Let chutney cool to room temperature.
- Divide them into a container or jars (if you are giving them as gifts).