Fancy a curry fast? Put your phone down! A takeaway is never going to give you the clean, healthy flavour you'll get from our delicious Turmeric Curry. Here's your super-simple "chuck everything in" option and it's ready in 20 minutes!
This curry is especially gentle on the tummy, and thanks to our Turmeric, is full of antioxidants that help protect you from the pollution of city life and toxic effects of pesticides in food. Plus, it has an amazing effect on the immune system, down regulating pathways that cause pain and swelling - which are often the cause of abdominal bloating - as well as more serious chronic conditions such as IBS and autoimmune disease.
Other cool ingredient benefits:
- Coconut cream provides tasty plant-based fat that makes the curry more filling. Coconut fat is high in medium-chain-triglycerides that the body uses quickly for energy rather than storing in fat cells.
- Nutritional yeast flakes are an awesome ingredient for flavour - providing a plant-based salty, cheesy, umami - as well as B Vitamins and complete protein. Such a yummy addition to this curry!
- Squash is packed with beta carotene (which gives it the orange colour!) - a wonderful nutrient for clear, supple skin.
Grab a spoon!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 cups water (spring or filtered)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 100g coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 squash
- 2 pinches salt (Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt)
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 200g rice or rice noodles or gluten-free pasta
- Get the rice or pasta cooking separately as per their instructions.
- Peel and chop the squash into cubes and leave to the side for now.
- Bring 2 cups water + 1 cup almond milk to the boil in a large pot.
- Add all ingredients (except for rice/noodles/pasta), mix well and let simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Check if your squash is cooked through by poking with a fork. If soft, mix in the already cooked rice/noodles/pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!