Pamper your face with this “super” mask that is very quick + cheap to do and highlights the sparkling effect of spirulina. Read our post to discover:
- What makes spirulina so amazing in your skincare regime
- Quick steps to make your own spirulina face mask
- What results will you see after the treatment
- Spirulina is a blue-green microalgae that’s 60-70% complete protein. Protein is an important building block for the skin and other tissues.
- It contains chlorophyll - which in human studies has been shown to have antibacterial properties (breakouts are linked to overgrowth of bacteria on the skin)
- Spirulina has an array of B vitamins that all help contribute to beautiful glowing skin.
- It is also a wonderful source of the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene - known to help skin tone and texture.
- …And it’s a wholesome food you can eat– unlike many cosmetic products that undergo hefty processing!
Spirulina mask will brighten and nourish your skin + give it a gorgeous glow
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Spirulina Powder
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Make it easy: as long as the spirulina is included with at least one other ingredient, feel free to leave out any ingredient you may either not have or want in your facial mask. (Organic yogurt would also make a great addition or substitution.)
Tip: if you have sensitive skin start with ½ tsp and gradually increase to 1 teaspoon (spirulina is a potent, nutrient-dense food).
- In no particular order, put all the ingredients in a bowl and mash everything together until they turn into a smooth paste.
- With your fingers, apply the paste onto your face — avoiding your eye area.
- Let the mask work its cleansing & exfoliating magic for at least 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off with lukewarm water and a cloth.
Do you feel as though you have a new face on? Because that’s totally normal!
You’ll feel nourished and moisturised (and no worries as the green will completely wash off!).
This mask helps tone and brighten your skin, smooth the texture, whilst its antioxidants help protect the skin from free radical damage (that causes ageing in the body!).
The dead cells get eliminated while the production of new skin cells is given a boost.