Conventional deodorants often have a bunch of chemicals crammed inside them. They may help you smell good for a while, but in the long run they may do more harm to your body. Read our article to discover:
- What's most likely hiding in your store-bought deodorant
- An easy DIY recipe that creates an organic & toxin-free deodorant
- Other safe and natural options available
Body odor can be an embarrassing issue to discuss & tackle…but this talk benefits everyone (yourself and those around you).
We care about personal hygiene; we get self-conscious about it at times. And that’s why we want the most effective product out there. But it can be a struggle to find the right deodorant that’s strong enough to meet our needs yet all natural.
NASTIES FOUND IN CONVENTIONAL DEODORANTS
Aluminum – the good thing about it is it reduces your sweating. The horrifying part is that it has been linked to breast cancer. A 2003 study in the Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry has found higher concentration of aluminum in women who have breast cancer compared to women who are disease-free. It’s been also found to change DNA structure and interfere with estrogen receptors as well as being linked to Alzheimer’s.
Parabens – these preservatives have estrogenic activity, contributing to the risk of breast cancer.
Phthalate – this type of chemical is also found in plastic. It disrupts your hormonal functions and can cause birth defects.
Petroleum – This mineral oil prevents your body from detoxifying properly and slows down your cells’ renewal process.
Your underarms are one of the most sensitive parts of your body. So smearing chemical-filled substances is just asking them to absorb the toxins and invite those threats to mess with your cells & organs. Because your underarms are right by the breast tissues, your chest can easily be the first to fall victim to the danger that comes with using your anti-perspirant deodorant.
Underarms are very sensitive parts of your body. So be sure to find a toxin-free deodorant.
>> Read below to discover a simple DIY deodorant recipe that your body will love!
HOW TO DETOX IF YOU’VE BEEN EXPOSED
- If you’ve been using deodorants with the above mentioned nasties – help your body detox by taking a double serving of Organic Burst Chlorella (start slowly with a daily serving). It’s a powerful microalgae (with lots of research of its effects) – widely used to help the body in detoxifying all kinds of chemicals and toxins.
- Increase your intake of silica. Silica is a mineral known to help remove aluminum from the body. You can find certain mineral water brands that are high in silica, as well as eating organic cucumbers and looking into the herb called horsetail.
MAKE YOUR OWN DEODORANT
You can save both your health & cash by blending your own deodorant at home. Below is a super simple recipe for you to try out. It’s tried and tested by us here at Organic Burst and it involves only 3 ingredients!
What you will need:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (choose aluminum-free)
- Lavender essential oil
- Mix the coconut oil well with the baking soda – making sure no clumps remain
- Add a few drops of lavender oil
- Mix the ingredients some more until everything is fully blended
- Pour the content into a container that you can keep closed
- Apply it on your underarms the same way as you would apply a cream (only very little needed).
- Wait for 15 mins for it to absorb (while you’re getting ready for the day).
- If you live in a hot & humid area, the solution will be liquid and the soda may settle – make sure to give it a mix with your finger each time before you use it.
If you’re interested in buying a natural deodorant instead of making your own, here are some products that were tested and given the green light for their performance quality:
- JASON Nourishing Apricot Deodorant
- Meow Meow Tweet Lavender Deodorant Cream
- Burt’s Bees Herbal Deodorant
Because deodorant is something we apply on a daily basis, it’s crucial that we check it’s safe for our wellbeing for both short term and long term. A good way to know is by seeing whether it would be perfectly fine to eat it!