Active wear is not just reserved for your workout sessions anymore. Read our post to discover:
- Why you can now wear yoga pants to your meetings!
- Top 5 tips to rock athleisure (like you invented it) – by a leading UK fashion fitness designer
- A whole designer outfit you can WIN now!
Nowadays we can no longer look in a certain direction without seeing someone donning yoga pants or leggings. They're expanding all over the world as a new fashion statement, so there's no more telling of who’s just left a yoga class and who hasn’t!
Fashionable active wear: Looking good during your workout or just wearing it casually around town.
WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING INTO THE WORKOUT LOOK
At Choc & Juice we love wearing our workout outfits to work, so we thought we’d share with you why it’s such a great option.
- It's comfortable. And the best types of clothes are the comfy ones, right?
- It shows off your curves. If you’re in your happy shape then tight-body gear such as yoga pants is the go-to choice.
- Looking athletic can make you feel athletic. Your outfit of the day can affect your mood and the way you feel about yourself. So putting on sporty clothes may inspire you to start a workout routine if you don't have one already.
- It can also motivate your friends, family and colleagues to start getting active!
- Having no time to look for your workout outfit is a well-known reason for skipping a workout! By rocking your workout outfit during the day you can pop up into your workout sesh at any time!
Rock your activewear during the day to feel more sporty and get encouraged to workout!
We caught up with Charli Cohen, creator of the technical fashion brand of the same name. Charli Cohen is one of the leading premium brands today in the athleisure movement. Her pieces are loved in both the U.K. and across the pond in the U.S. by all those in-the-know – from fitness loving journalist and bloggers, editors of glossy mags to top models.
Charli shared with us her top tips on rocking the athleisure trend like a pro…
5 WAYS TO ROCK ATHLEISURE – FROM THE DESIGNER HERSELF
- Play with volume: an oversized tee with leggings or a cool crop top with baggy track pants is a very transitional look.
- Layer up: shorts over leggings or a loose tank over a statement bra adds a bit of edge to your gym look.
- Co-ordinates: a matching top and bottom always looks sleek - whether it's bold and colourful or head-to-toe black (the ninja look is my personal go-to).
- Invest in outerwear: a statement coat or jacket to throw over your look is what will take it from gym to street. Look for technical fabrics that will keep you feeling cool and comfortable after a grueling workout.
- Get textured: an interesting fabric goes a long way - whether wetlook, embossed, metallic or quilted, it will give your look a more fashion feel.
Rock athleisure: "play with volume: a cool crop top with baggy trackpants" by @CharliCohen
WIN AN ATHLEISURE LOOK BY CHARLI COHEN
We teamed up with Charli Cohen to give one lucky Choc & Juice reader a whole athleisure look! Rock any day with the signature Dressed to Kale tee ($119 USD) and Laser Leggins ($251).
Giveaway is open worldwide and ends on Sunday 7th August.
Visit Charli Cohen shop on http://charli-cohen.com/