A warming, energizing superfood porridge that will also make you feel settled and awesome!
Totally refined sugar free and contains cinnamon that helps stabilise the blood sugar, so you won’t crash and reach out for a sugary snack after it.
- 1/2 cup uncooked millet
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Maca powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- A pinch of clove
- Rice malt syrup, to taste
- Toasted pecans, to top
- Combine millet, water, pumpkin, and spices together in a sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil the cover and reduce down to a simmer. Let cook for 20-30 minutes until millet is cooked and tender. Stir and check occasionally. Add extra water as needed, until desired texture and consistency.
- When almost done, add a bit of rice malt syrup to taste, and stir in maca.
- Remove from heat and serve with toasted pecans