Matcha Morning Breakfast Cookies. Kick your day off the right way with these perfect energising and delicious brekkie cookies! Cookies for breakfast - dreams do come true!
Make a batch over the weekend for quick and easy start to your mornings during the week.
- 2 teaspoons Organic Burst Matcha
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 chia eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground Organic Burst Chia seeds + 6 tbsp water, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- chopped nuts
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175ºC). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: chia eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold the ingredients together. Fold in chopped nuts and chocolate chips and remaining ¼ cup coconut.
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking pan. Freeze for about 30 minutes
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cookies from the baking sheet and place onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool, then enjoy!