Savour each bite of this refreshing dairy-free and refined sugar-free dessert - rich in healthy skin-loving fats from coconut milk and the pure energising goodness of Organic Burst Matcha.
Our matcha goes so well in this ice cream - due to its exceptional quality and purity it is not bitter at all - its taste is described as "creamy" and "almost sweet" (unlike most commercial matchas).
And a bonus: the good fats in coconut milk will slow down the sugars, so you won't crash after enjoying this.
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (14 1/2-oz) or equal amount of home-made coconut milk⠀
- 1/2 tablespoon Organic Burst Matcha⠀
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil⠀
- A pinch sea salt⠀
(a) With an ice-cream maker
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until all the matcha powder chunks have dissolved. ⠀
- Pour the matcha ice cream base into your ice-cream maker, carefully following your ice-cream maker’s instructions. ⠀
- Allow the matcha ice cream to churn until it’s very thick, about 30–40 minutes.⠀
- Transfer ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze it 4 - 6 hours until completely frozen.⠀
- When you’re ready to eat your matcha ice cream, thaw it for 10–15 minutes, or until softened. Serve heaping scoops and enjoy!
(b) Without an ice cream maker
- Place the mixture into a cold pan.⠀
- Freeze for about 30 minutes. As the edges start to freeze, stir the mixture to break up the partially frozen ice cream. This will help make it smooth and creamy. Return to the freezer.⠀
- Stir ice cream every 30 minutes until it is firmly frozen (repeat for about 4 to 5 times) until mixture is smooth and creamy.