These incredibly indulgent, rich and creamy tarts not only look amazing but they taste SO good! Plus they’re the perfect treat to help you feel instantly alert, speed up your metabolism and help burn fat - sounds like a dream come true right?!
Perfect for sharing with friends and family for a healthy yet delicious dessert!
FOR THE PASTRY:
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup quinoa flakes (can replace with rolled oats)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- A good pinch of fine salt
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 teaspoons Organic Burst Matcha powder
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ½ teaspoon agar agar powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 175° C / 345° F.
- Blitz all the crust ingredients in a food processor
- Grease muffin pan with a coconut oil.
- Divide crust and press it into the base and walls of the pan, making sure that there are no gaps.
- Bake for 16 minutes. Cool the crust before filling.
- Place agar agar powder in a small pot with ¼ cup water and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes until agar has ALMOST dissolved while stirring frequently.
- Set aside to cool a little.
- Place all filling ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, scraping the walls of the blender from time to time.
- Once the mixture is blended well, divide the filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.