Enjoy the colourful layers of goodness in this superfood take on the favourite Christmas classic! Totally plant based, gluten free and refined sugar free!
- Feel instantly alert yet settled with L-theanine in Organic Burst Matcha.
- Quinoa is a protein-rich seed, amazing for long-lasting energy.
- Our Chia seeds are amazing for digestion and regularity, perfect for the holiday feasting!
- 2 teaspoons Organic Burst Matcha
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1.25 cups almond milk, divided
- Pinch of sea/Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Cook your quinoa. Put the quinoa, 1 cup almond milk, salt and vanilla extract in a pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 12 - 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove quinoa from heat.
- Add the rest of the almond milk and chia seeds. Stir to combine. Set quinoa aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix coconut yogurt with rice malt syrup and Organic Burst Matcha.
- Layer your trifle. Spoon 2 - 4 tablespoons quinoa-chia mixture, top with matcha coconut yogurt, then strawberry halves and banana slices, top with quinoa, ending with the matcha yogurt. Sprinkle slivered almonds and coconut flakes.