These vibrantly scrumptious waffles are not only gluten free and totally plant based, they are tummy friendly and filled with matcha goodness!
These waffles provide you with tons of energy throughout the day!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Matcha
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground Organic Burst Chia seeds
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 - 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
makes 4 waffles
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients (almond and oat flours, shredded coconut, Organic Burst Matcha, baking powder, arrowroot powder, cinnamon and salt).
- In a blender, blend Organic Burst chia seeds, banana, almond milk, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Blend on a high for a minute or so.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir to combine. Let the batter sit for 12 to 15 minutes
- Heat your waffle iron. Once heated, brush coconut oil onto the iron. Drop about ½ cup of batter into the center of the iron and close the lid. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes on each side, or until waffle appears golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.