Bring bright colours into your day with this warm superfood salad! It’s so quick and easy to make and will serve as a healthy lunch or a side dish. It’s rich in minerals such as magnesium (that most of us are deficient in) and blood oxygenating chlorophyll.
Quinoa is a nutritious pseudo-grain that contains complete protein and doesn’t raise your blood sugar or hurt your digestion like the common grains. Spirulina is great for weight loss and curbing sugar cravings, balancing blood sugar, as well as nourishing your nervous system (perfect during or after a busy week).
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 3 green (or spring) onions
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Spirulina
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- Pinch Himalayan rock salt / sea salt and pepper to taste
- First, rinse the quinoa well in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- To cook the quinoa, place in in a pan with 3 cups of water, bring to a boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is plump (or follow the instructions on your quinoa package). Drain water.
- In a food processor, add the spinach, cilantro (save some for garnishing), mint, green onions and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the green mix to the quinoa in a serving bowl and stir in the juice of one lime, tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and Organic Burst Spirulina.
- Cut the avocado and pepper into chunks and gently mix through with the quinoa.
- Sprinkle with roasted cashews and the remaining coriander.