This super quick and easy mug-cake is the perfect grain free and refined sugar free treat for combatting those chocolate & cake cravings without any bloating or sugar crashes after.
- 1 (1-ounce) square bittersweet or dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Spirulina powder
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon (or about 6 drops) peppermint extract
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil.
- Add all the ingredients (except optional toppings) in a mug. Stir with a fork until combined.
- Microwave on high until risen and just until dry to the touch, about 1-2 minutes. If using an oven, bake at 350ºF (175ºC) for 14-15 minutes.
- Add toppings if you like and serve.