The stunning golden colour of this hummus comes from the extra special ingredient - Turmeric, a sacred plant known as Kanchani or the "Golden Goddess" in Sanskrit due to its incredible properties.
The benefits of Turmeric include positive effects on your mood and psychological wellbeing, headaches and migraines and immune system support.
Organic Burst Turmeric is particularly high in curcumin (Turmeric's most studied compound) - containing up to 5.1% - as opposed to the average of 1.51%! It's sourced directly, supporting amazing organic family farmers in the Ampara district of Sri Lanka - famous for their heirloom variety of Turmeric.
You'll love this super quick, simple, creamy aromatic hummus recipe. You'll impress your guests, feel nourished and energised. There's simply no excuse to get store-bought hummus again!
Add a dollop to your salad instead of a dressing, serve with sweet potato wedges, or just dive straight in with your favourite chips!
- Feel the mood-calming and cramp-soothing benefits of magnesium in this recipe that comes from yummy tahini (crushed sesame seeds)
- Chickpeas are packed with protein and fibre, guaranteed to fill you up and avoid cravings
- The amazing properties of Turmeric can even help your body convert plant sources of ALA into brain-boosting DHA omega-3 fatty acids
- 1 400g can of chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Burst Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1cm (=a bit less than 1/2 inch) piece of ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan or sea salt
- A pinch of paprika (optional)
- A small handful of coriander, chopped (optional)
- Drain the liquid from the can of chickpeas.
- Use your spoon to peel the ginger.
- Add the drained chickpeas, tahini, Turmeric, ginger, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil into your food processor. Blitz until well combined.
- If the consistency is too dry - add more water (1 tablespoon at a time). Feel free to add more lemon juice, oil (for a more creamy consistency), turmeric or salt to your taste.
- Serve in a bowl, pour 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with some paprika and chopped coriander as a garnish.