In the highest region on earth, where the air is thin, the terrain tough, and it's so often cold, Tibetans have a custom of cooking up a rich, energising and warming tea with added butter and milk.
We've made this traditional recipe plant-based + packed some superfood goodness, and a beautiful, slightly tangy, cherry-like flavour by adding Organic Burst Turmeric and our Tibetan Goji Berries.
Turmeric is an incredible spice that has had over 2,701 studies dedicated to its health benefits. It has such an amazing array of effects that we believe it's key to have on a daily basis.
Our Goji Berries grow wild in the remote valleys and steep mountain slopes of Tibet, meaning they develop more nutrients than the commonly found Goji that grow on large-scale farms in China. They are prized in traditional Tibetan medicine for increasing vitality, longevity, energy and boosting immunity.
We've replaced the traditional black tea with a healthier green tea, but you can also use simply water or herbal tea of your choice.
Coconut oil is easy to digest and contains medium chain triglycerides - healthy fats that are immediately available to your body for energy rather than being stored and contributing to weight gain.
- City-living can zap your energy. Have this drink in the morning or afternoon to increase your energy, vitality and motivation!
- Perfect to drink when you're feeling drained or stressed out - due to Turmeric's benefits on the nervous system and mood, making you feel content, settled and positive.
- The healthy fats from the coconut oil and almond milk are filling and satisfying, so you won't be tempted by sugary snacks later in the day.
- 1 1/2 cups of boiling water
- 1 green tea bag
- 3 tablespoons Organic Burst Goji Berries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut sugar or other sweetener (optional)
- Add Goji Berries and a green tea bag into boiling water. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the teabag. Add the Goji Berries steeped in the tea with the rest of the ingredients to your blender. (*Important: If using a blender jar made out of glass - warm it up first with warm water). Blend and enjoy!