You will totally fall in love with super salad with its smoky tempeh bites complimented by its rich and creamy dressing! Totally free from any additives, nasties and refined sugars present in many store-bought alternatives.
This dish makes the perfect side or light meal, we love it alongside our picnics & BBQs!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Wheatgrass
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced capers
- ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon rice malt syrup
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces tempeh, crumbled
Make the dressing:
- Blend all dressing ingredients together. Set aside
Make the salad:
- Steam the broccoli florets for about 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together, paprika, smoked paprika, rice malt syrup, ACV, and tamari. Set aside.
- On an oiled pan, brown the crumbled tempeh (about 2 minutes). Stir, and let it sit for another minute.
- Stir in the paprika mixture, coating the crumbled tempeh. Remove from heat.
- Serve broccoli on a plate. Drizzle the cashew dressing. Scatter the tempeh bits. Sprinkle some nutritional yeast and fresh ground pepper.